OPC from Siemens S7200/300 and S5

ieseng

Hi all what is the easiest way to get data out of an S7 and an S5 so it is available via OPC?

I know that in AB speak, that RSLinx can act as an OPC Server. Is there an equivalent for Siemens? I thought I saw somewhere before that SimaticNet has OPC capability but I don't have enough Siemens experience under my belt to know for sure. Anyone know?

Last edited:
I suggest you steer clear of simatic net it's a monster.
INAT have an opc server, it's quite easy to use & you can download a trial that lasts a couple of hours all you need to do is re-start it, at least it will allow you to try before you buy.

Similar Topics

Hi, I'm investigating different network protocols for PLC to PLC comms, and PLC to SCADA. OPC UA seems to be a very useful protocol that I'm...
Replies
Views
Ye..llow everyone! I need some help on this: I have TIA project with an Siemens HMI connected to an OPC server. This HMI has the file name...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Thank you for your very helpful community. By way of introduction, I have written an interface that interrogates a customer's ERP...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am not very familiar with the Siemens architecture however, I was looking into a possible application. The current Siemens PLC is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a CPU315-2 PN/DP with a CP card, which is CP343-1 Lean. I have a PI server and am trying to connect to the Lean card. I can ping...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom