Siemens Comfort Panel OPC UA and Recipes

Christoo

Hello all,

Thank you for your very helpful community.
By way of introduction, I have written an interface that interrogates a customer's ERP system and uploads the ID of the next 10 jobs to the TP Comfort HMI into 10 tags via OPC UA. (Job.1, Job.2, Job.3 etc.)
I have not found any way to access the recipes in the HMI via OPC UA

Is there a way with scripts or otherwise to check if recipes with these ID's exist?
I would like to create conditions that show either a load or create button next to these next 10 jobs depending on whether a recipe with this name exists.

Many thanks for your assistance.

I think you can use the system function GetDataRecordName to check for if a recipe record exists.
From the help for GetDataRecordName:
If the recipe or the recipe data record do not exist, wildcards ("###") are written to the tags.
So you must create a script that calls GetDataRecordName, and then checks the output string if it is "###" or not.
It does not look like there is an output variable that says if the record exists or not, so you have to use the above method.

To activate the script, you could have a button 'check job recipes'.
Or, you could have a tag that is controlled remotely from the ERP system and use Value Change event on the tag to call the script.

I think you can use the system function GetDataRecordName to check for if a recipe record exists.
So you must create a script that calls GetDataRecordName, and then checks the output string if it is "###" or not.
It does not look like there is an output variable that says if the record exists or not, so you have to use the above method.

Or, you could have a tag that is controlled remotely from the ERP system and use Value Change event on the tag to call the script.

Many thanks, I will give this a shot, certainly a simple solution.

Hello Jesper,

I have been doing a lot of reading on this topic.
As I understand it, the "GetDataRecordName" script goes something like this:

Code:
GetDataRecordName Recipe_number, Data_record_number, Recipe_name,
Data_record_name, Processing_status

If this is the case, do I need to know the record number to call the record name? That is a little self defeating for my purposes.
Where I want to search a string and return whether the record exists or not.

I appreciate your patience if I have this completely wrong.

Yes you need to know the number of the recipe.
It is central for the recipes in S7 and Siemens Panels that the recipes are referenced by number.
So the central ERP should mimic the same functionality, referencing recipes by number rather than by name.

Maybe it is possible to use the system function GetDataRecordFromPLC instead.
The input parameter to this function is the record number or the record name.
The status output from the function will only say "that there was a problem".

With ExportDataRecords you can export all recipe records to a file, but how to then get the information from the file to the OPC UA client ? I dont see a way.