Send data CP343-1

Jeroen Benoot

Hi all,

I am currently having trouble sending data from a Siemens CP343-1 to a power supply from Delta Elektronika.
This power supply is capable of sending receiving data with the UDP protocol.
Supplied with the unit is a sample application written in VB6 to make connection and send/read data, and this works fine running on my laptop.
However, when i try to send a command with an S7 PLC with a CP343-1 card, it doesn't work.
I have installed a network sniffer on my laptop (Wireshark) so I can check the network traffic, and with the VB application, I see the correct data, but when I try to send the same data with the PLC I see no data with the network sniffer.

My configuration is a S7 315-2DP (315-2AH14-0AB0 v3.03) with a CP343-1 (343-1CX10-0XE0 v2.3).
I am able to ping to the power supply with the CP card, so the connection works fine.
I have made an UDP connection in Netpro and use AG Send to send the actual data.

Can anyone help me with this?

Best regards,
Jeroen

What are the details of the connection in NetPro ? (screenshot)
What is the STATUS of the AG_SEND block ?
Check the diagnostic buffer of the CP343-1 (not the diagnostic buffer of the CPU).

Hi JesperMP,
I have added some screenshots as requested.
The status of AG Send is 8181, and the Done-bit is set for a brief second, so i assume this looks correct?

CP1.jpg CP2.jpg HW1.jpg

8181H = "Job active".
I am guessing you have your AG_SEND block set to send immediately again when the done bit is set.
Can you set it to single sends, maybe by setting another bit. This so that you can see the code before it is is cleared by the next send.

Apart from that, there is nothing wrong to see.
The problem with UDP connections is that there is no confirmation that the data was received and thus only very little error information.

I have changed it so there is now a single send, but I still get 8181H, no error code.
I understand the 'problem' with UDP connections, but shouldn't I see any activity on the network coming from the IP adres of the CP343-1?

The purpose is to send 'meas:curr?' to the device.
I have checked what the exact code is coming from the VB application, and that is the string converted to HEX, so this becomes 6D 65 61 73 3A 63 75 72 72 3F 0A, while 0A is a linefeed.
I've created a DB, and in everybyte there is a character, so DBB0 = 6D, DBB1 = 65 etc...