FT Studio SE

Hal9000

Hello,

I have used FT Studio ME for basic HMI applications in the past, but I now have an opportunity to modify an existing FT Studio SE program. I'm awaiting my SE license at the moment, but I have a couple of advance questions....

Firstly, my client has sent me a back up of the application, it is not an .apa file as I thought it would be, it's made up of numerous files, is this correct for Studio SE?:

cashe
comprf
DLGLOG
DTS
EDS
Gfx
Global Objects
Images
KEY
LNG
LOcal
Mcr
PAR
RCP
Startup
TAG
TREND
VBA
HMI.sed

How do I import these files into FT Studio SE? Or should I request an .apa backup (if possible.

Secondly, can I test my SE application in the same way I was able to test my HMI applications developed in ME. i.e. will I be able to use the "Test Application" feature in the same way and effectivly connect to my bench PLC and de-bug the SCADA screens?

Thanks in advance.

SE projects are restored through the " Backup/Restore" application that comes with the SE installation. It will use the .sed file when you try and restore. A word of caution, follow the required steps before installing the software or life can be hard.