S7-300 CPs FB14/15 not working

asasel

I can't get the Simatic FB14/15 to work between two Siemens
S7-300 CPs, PLC1 and PLC2.

So far I have tried the following:

01) Configured profinet and changed the connection from PLC1
to PLC2 to yes.
02) On PLC2 configured:
a) A shared datablock 1001 with one entry.
b) A network wich maps to that one entry in 1001 and set it.
03) On PLC1 configured:
a) A shared datablock 1001 with one entry.
b) In OB1 I use the FB14/15 from the standard system library.
c) Enabled debugging bits on FB14/15.

The result when monitoring:

01) On PLC1 in DB1001 the entry 0.0 value is true.
02) On PLC2 in OB1 the network with the FB14 block is true and
the bit for activating the readout is true.
03) On PLC2 in DB1001 the entry 0.0 value remains false.
04) No connection error or read error occurs.

I am stuck on this simple step which at the end of the day turned
out to be not as simple as I thought.
Your help is much appreciated.

Regards

Are you gonna use them as a master/slave system? and do you got the two PLCS in the same project?

Indeed, I have read about different types of connections depending on such factors. In my case both PLC1 and PLC2 are masters and they are both in the same project.

The I point you to JesperMP post, that will explain how to do it. If you still having problems after reading through it post again,. Btw I just found a sample project I have done with the things you are asking for, if you want I can send it in a PM to you

Last edited:
Hey asasel I have created a more friendly example for you wich can be Simulated in S7 aswell, using a 400 system sending data to a 300 system with the blocks sfb15 and sfb14. Give me a call fast if you want the program, my break soon ends :)

Hey asasel I have created a more friendly example for you wich can be Simulated in S7 aswell, using a 400 system sending data to a 300 system with the blocks sfb15 and sfb14. Give me a call fast if you want the program, my break soon ends :)

Many thanks! Please send me a PM with a download link :)

I have read the example changed my code to be as close as possible but still no luck.
Can someone explain to me the steps needed to do this.. I mean I can see examples but it would help a lot if I know why things are done the way they are done.

Regards

Start with the sample project with no changes at all. When that works, convert it to your requirements.

If you cant get the sample project to work, then what is STATUS ?

Hi JesperMP,

I followed your advice and got it working, but.. What I want to know is what I am missing / doing wrong.. But to get feedback on that I need to show what I have done.

So I have a link here with my project:
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/j6qo4lfys3...JFMOx0u52gRVR8dPBuzu8Dg0nNUbakXp5GNGk1WA&dl=1

What I do is to use FB14 and FB15 from the standard library using CP315's.
In that process I am missing one or more important steps for no communication neither error shows when trying to get remote data.
I have tried a lot without success and now on this site I am happy with the help I am getting :D

Thank you all for your help.

Start with the sample project with no changes at all. When that works, convert it to your requirements.

If you cant get the sample project to work, then what is STATUS ?

Hi JesperMP,

I followed your advice and got it working, but.. What I want to know is what I am missing / doing wrong.. But to get feedback on that I need to show what I have done.

So I have a link here with my project:
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/j6qo4lfys3...JFMOx0u52gRVR8dPBuzu8Dg0nNUbakXp5GNGk1WA&dl=1

What I do is to use FB14 and FB15 from the standard library using CP315's.
In that process I am missing one or more important steps for no communication neither error shows when trying to get remote data.
I have tried a lot without success and now on this site I am happy with the help I am getting :D

Thank you all for your help.

I can give you a fast pointer, in your get block you are using the Db "Getunit{X}" on the parameter ADDR_1, here you are suppose to point to the are on the Partner cpu wich will be read, to creat a pointer for example:

p#db50 <-- db in partner cpu dbx5.0 <-- start bit byte 10 <-- ength

oh, and on the ReQ parameter, put the clock bit m0.1~~ if you have enable the cpu clock to memory 0