Micrologix 1100 sending email help

PCS 3212

Hi all, awsome forum, great wealth of knowledge.
Little about me, I have been programming plcs for about a year now and have a background of industrial controls. I have been tasked with programming a micrologix Plc being a 1100 what a robust little controller, anyways I have run into a problem, a micrologix 1100 1763-L16BBB I'm trying to send an e-mail notification on a alarm condition.
There are several helpful posts on this site including
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=38726
Google search even brings up a work lab , which is quite helpful as to setting up the logic and triggering the MSG.instruction.
My question is more towards the network setup, I'm not very knowledgable about how to set this up, I'm currently setting this up at home and I'm not sure where to connect with the Ethernet cable and how to setup a server. Can anyone please help. Greatly appreciated.

Last edited: