Delay in an expression

Drop'ur'Tech

hI :site:

Factorytalk view on Panelview plus 1500

Simple question :

Is there a way to introduce a delay in an expression ?

I want to close a menu if it's open for more than 5 seconde and i don't know how to implement this condition ! So i wonder if there is some sort of thing like
"delay(5)" or "wait(5)" for doing that in an expression !
If not , is someone have any idea how to do it by an other way ?

Thanks !

If you are able to perform addition on a fixed time base, then you should be able to create a counter and compare it's accumulated value in order to have it function as a timer.

You might use a macro with an embedded system Time variable to check how long a Display has been Open. See your Factory Talk View User's Guide:

Page 23-16 for If-Then-Else expression;
Page 24-6 for Time & Date embedded variable syntax
Page 29-15 for Using Macro commands to set tag values

Something like this, but I have never done it:

;Macro to Display Screen for 5 seconds
Tag100 = /*T*/ ;set Tag100 Dispay Start Time to current system time
Label: BEGIN; start point for LOOP
Tag105 = Tag100 + 5; add 5 seconds to Tag100
TagQuit = If(Tag105</*T*/) then QUIT else LOOP; compare Start Time + 5 to current time
QUIT: (close the display)
LOOP: Go to BEGIN

Last edited: