rslogix 500 timer preset

VJTX

I ran across something new today. Tried to change the timer preset on T10:21 but it would change back. Found that the preset was set by N124:23. I was wondering how this is done, or is it automatic? Usually I see a MOV to t10:21.pre

When I changed the value in N124:23 all was good.

Probably N124:23 was (or still is !!!) periodically written to by other ladder logic instruction (s) or most likely via implemented MSG communications.

Or a math function like MUL. Sometimes I have timers which are adjustable from an HMI, and in order for things to be understandable I put the HMI time in Seconds, then multiply it out to the Timer's Preset to match the time base.

Cross reference the timer and see where it shows up. If a MSG instruction is writing to the timer present value that should show up too.