ControlLogix Messaging

lostcontrol

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
I was adding a new L32E to a existing site today, that already consists of 1x 1756-L61 & 3x 1769-L32E's, all at V16.
The messaging between each of these is all via Produce/Consume method, & works fine.
The new L32E is V17.7, which i thought may of been a problem at the L61 end, but did not appear so.
The comms setup for this new L32E is identical. Consume comms from the L32E
-> 61 worked fine, but the connection fails to the L61 from the L32E.

I have checked & double-checked everything at the L32E end, tried copying like for like etc, but the connection does not establish.
As a work-around, & maybe a double check, I can message the 2x elements of the Prod/Cons UDT that I would normally use.

Where should I be looking for this potential problem? Would all CPU's being at the same firmware solve the problem?
Could it be the tag structure of the consumed connection?
The error code in the L32E is
16#0204, which is a connection timeout.

The ENBT/A CPU is at 54.2%, 50 IO connections with a Max observed of 75.
There are 24 TCP connections with a max observed of 50.

It seems that the problem is at the new L32E end. I need to check the switch that it is connected to, to see if there is any configuration on the particular port that is different, but I don't think there is.

Any help much appreciated.

Update.
Seems a power cycle to the CPU has solved the problem.
I have been working remotely on this, so did not try it. Now the electricians on site have cycled power, it looks like all is good.
What settings are affected by cycling of power?