Red lion g310 - plc-5

CMartin

Hi there, I'm trying to figure out how to have my Red Lion Hmi communicate with my plc-5 via my cblab002 cable. I'm able to go online my plc and verify that my program works. I've built the graphics with Crimson 3.0. What I am trying to do is build graphics for bypass timers to bypass shutdowns. So I've built the logic in rslogix 5. The logic multiplies by 60 so we can input time in minutes, then it divides to get it back onto the hmi for display purposes only. I am not sure if my communication is set up correctly but I am unable to input numbers into the hmi or see the numbers on the hmi. In the crimson file you'll see the main image with a border around it, the bottom left is where a time is supposed to be input, in minutes, and the bottom right is supposed to display the image. IN the rs logix 5 file, the logic that is affected by this is at he top of lad 2. The first 4 rungs.

PS This program was existing, I'm only trying to make numerous bypasses for existing project. thanks for any advice.

Verify the serial port configuration on the PLC-5; the default error checking for the PLC-5 is BCC, not CRC. And increase the serial port rate to 19200 while you're at it; there is no good reason to use 2400.

Also, ESD_BYP_ON and _OFF look like they are both addressed to B11:0/0. That will probably function, but could get confusing.

Thanks Ken, what you suggested helped me. I found that I can now communicate between my HMI and my plc-5. I then found another issue, that being that my input only allows for booleans, 1s or 0's instead of minutes. So when I try to input numbers on my hmi no matter what number I write to the HMI, it's either 1 or 0. I've looked around and tried many options but can't figure out how to input the proper integer, even though I have it as unassigned integer. thanks for the help, i'm sure this issue I have now is pretty simple.

The problem is that the tag 'ESC_BYPASS_TIME' was created as a 'Flag' type tag in Crimson 3.

Even though you have addressed it to N19:0 and configured it as an Unsigned Integer, because it's a 'Flag' it can only have values of 0 or 1.

Delete that Tag, and create a new Numeric Tag with the same name.

Thanks, that worked. Except it lead to another problem. It is reading back the minutes. But the numeric tag I made to input the time does not write to N019:0000 properly. so I can enter numbers and it retains on the hmi, but does not get to that point, but the other tag I made to display the time from the hmi does work. any suggestions.

I cannot easily explain why Tag1 does not write to N19:0. It's configured as a Read/Write Numeric tag, with entry limits between 0 and 180, so it ought to allow you to enter a value.

Is your PLC-5 code accidentally writing over the value that is entered by the HMI ?