connecting PLC to inverter

sistyN

hi , i'm a rookie :) , I wan't to connect DVP-20EX (delta plc) to KEB F5 inverter with RS485, I know how send data to inverter but i don't know what must I send ? is there any tutorial or book , can u help me a bit ?

Last edited:
Is this inverter a Variable Frequence Motor Drive? Do you want to be able to Start and Stop the motor drive using the Delta DVP-20EX PLC? If not, then what do you want to do?

Yes, there are User Manuals for both the Delta PLC and the KEB F5 variable frequency motor drive.

Last edited:
Is this inverter a Variable Frequence Motor Drive? Do you want to be able to Start and Stop the motor drive using the Delta DVP-20EX PLC? If not, then what do you want to do?

Yes, there are User Manuals for both the Delta PLC and the KEB F5 variable frequency motor drive.

ty , the most important is what data usually must send to control ineverter . is it the ascii code or hex code ? there is a function in plc to write data to inverter with RS485 , it has 3 argument :
MODWR S1 S2 N
S1 = Device Address of the slave (2 as we configure on steps 3, 4 and 5)
S2 = Data Address of the slave (H2102 to read output frequency)
N = Data to be read (3 words)

I read the KEB F5 manual and just find out some ascii code for controlling and I don't know what to do with them .