Connecting to the PLC or 1756-ENBT over USB

The 1756-ENBT does not have a USB port, but you can bridge to the 1756-ENBT if you have a CPU or another kind of card (1756-CN2R, 1756-DNB, 1756-EN2T) that does have a USB port.

And yes, you can assign any valid IP address that you wish to the module using RSLinx Classic software.

Sorry I meant the 1756-en2t. Yes I managed to assign a different ip address. Please how can I get it to communicate with my plant network ?

If you need basic networking help, you should get it onsite from the people who installed and maintain your network. I can't begin to guess what your plant network looks like or what your needs are.

If you need basic TCP/IP and Ethernet networking education, there are a million resources online that aren't PLC-specific, but are going to get you to the point where you can ask a more directed and specific question.

Not sure why AB and others dont pay attention to their competition and I am not bashing anyone but it just seams like it should be easier

AD has the Click and BRX that both are recognized any PLC on the network by their MAC or signature and they just show up when you open the software, then you can just assign an IP and your done, just saying we (PLC users and manufactures) dont communicate very well and suck at having industry standards

This is after I spent 6 hours working on a simple fix yesterday.... this should not be hard