soi pro

drewcrew6

I need some info here I have an old soi-200-ab-120a-16k-485-pp.(Looks like a dtam plus mostly)
I also have the software soi-pro.(Almost the same as dps)

But the ab cable for the 485 wersion does not work at all. We also have no manual that would help with a part number. I also tried the "cheater" cable and it came back with a comm error. But that is all I can get.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks
Drewcrew6

Well just so its posted on here for future reference. The up/download switch must be on and the printer port enabled then using a "twist" rs232 cable comms happen on a rev2.00 but the one is a rev 2.11 and it doesn't work but I don't know if its a rev issue or a printer port problem.

Drewcrew6

Just a guess here, do you suppose the cable plugs into an older 25 pin RS232 serial port with a gender changer or a null modem adapter instead of the parallel printer port? If so, maybe you could adapt it to a 9 pin serial port.

Sorry I wasn't clear on that. I am using the serial on the pc. The SOI unit has 2 ports. 1 is a comm port 9 pin 485. 2nd port is a printer port 9 pin that can be enabled or disabled by dip switches.
My problem at this point is 1 of 2 SOI units will communicate through its printer port that 2nd one won't. The one that won't has the newer rev.

Drewcrew6