5000 Create Routine/Lad file

kbradray

May be a dumb question, but can you create a new routine/lad file while the PLC is in rem run mode without inturrupting the program. I need to import a newly created routine into a running processor.

Any help is appreciated.
Ken

May be a dumb question, but can you create a new routine/lad file while the PLC is in rem run mode without inturrupting the program. I need to import a newly created routine into a running processor.

Any help is appreciated.
Ken

Yep you sure can. Just right-click on the program where you want the routine to reside and select "import routine".
It's pretty straightforward after that.
You can even import entire programs into a running task and never skip a beat. One of the cooler features of Logix5k IMO.

Ideally you'll have v17 or higher of RSLogix 5000 and ControlLogix firmware.

v17 introduced the XML based import/export file format, and it's very simple, safe, and reliable to import an entire Routine and all of its tags during runtime in v17.

In v16 and earlier, you could create Tasks, Programs, and Routines at runtime, but importing logic was a copy-paste process.

Yes, it will make an exact replica of all tags included in the routine that do not currently exist in your project, including UDTs that do not currently exist. It even preserves scope and data type.