set maxEU in tag on Intouch Wonderware

b_e33

i want to set value of Tag into enother Tag but to is max EU value
so i read about it and i understand that i need to write:
Tag.maxEU=Tag;

but it is not work
how can i set the Tag.maxEU from enother tag value?

I just saw in their manual that the M of MaxEU is in capital, so maybe that's what is causing the error. So you should use "Tag.MaxEU".

I based my comment on the InTouch Reference Guide, relevant page attached.

This is with V9.5, don't know if it's any different with a newer version.

untitled.JPG

Check the tag configuration in tag name dictionary.
Is the tag "TestValue" configured "Read/Write" or "Read Only"? Should be "Read/Write".

Last edited:
Check the tag configuration in tag name dictionary.
Is the tag "TestValue" configured "Read/Write" or "Read Only"? Should be "Read/Write".

Fair point, you would get this error if you tried to assign a value to a read only tagname but in this case TestValue is a Memory Integer which is always Read/Write.

I was just illustrating that the MaxEU dotfield was read only.