Imbeded data

Rengas

Hi,

What would the implications be when program imbeded data is
changed. I know it would have some dangerous effects if the necessary safety
measures are not put in place but i would like to have some more light shed on it
please.

Thank you.

i need more information.

this mnaybe way off in regards to what you are looking for but
i changed a program parameter in a modicon unit for a test machine and got an entirely different program. the oem programmed the machine so that if a parameter was changed, you could tear up the machine depending on which parameter you changed and end up calling him so he could charge you for the repairs.

the plant mgr was there when i changed the parameter and saw what happened and was he ticked to put it mildly!!
they wanted 10k to change the test parameters, something that we were supposed to be able to change.

that was the end for that oem for that entire corporation. the plant mgr told corporate what was done and he was banned from doing any more work, i heard he lost a 10 million per year contract.

regards,
james

Good food for thought there for novices like me not to do that.
I spoke to my tutor a couple of minutes ago and he
pointed me in the direction he wants me to travel. He talked of
changing preset values, integer and binary register etc. etc.

Thanks again for replying to my thread.