Crimson 3 Data Value modification.

amitpanvekar

Hi,

Is it possible to simulate any tag with fixed data value ? I want to show the only data value(no label text) on the G315 and want to add the functionality by so user can change the data value. Mean this data value modification look like a normal label text modification to user which allows them to change the label (but in real, user is changing the data value).

Your help is deeply appreciated.

Thanking you

Cheers

Not Sure if this is what you are wanting or not.

I set the label for the data value to be equal to the sLabel value.
then you can change the label for your value.

Only downside is the label will be blank, until you you type something in... You could easily write a script however, to give a default name for blank labels. I would probably use an array for the labels. Also, don't forget to set the storage property to retentive.

Not Sure if this is what you are wanting or not.

I set the label for the data value to be equal to the sLabel value.
then you can change the label for your value.

Only downside is the label will be blank, until you you type something in... You could easily write a script however, to give a default name for blank labels. I would probably use an array for the labels. Also, don't forget to set the storage property to retentive.

I think that the original poster is just looking for you sLabel. With it Retentive, the user can change the value on the screen and the value will stay at that value even during a power cycle. He doesn't need the nData because he isn't interested in showing a Label, just simulating a label.

In other words, the Internal Tag, set as Retentive, can be put on the screen as Data Only and the user can change it at will. No additional functionality required.

Unless, of course, I am misunderstanding the OP.

I wasn't real sure on what he was asking... so I took a guess. You are quite probably correct.

So it is just a retentive string tag with no label, and data entry.... I overcomplicated things.