Red Lion Crimson 3.1 SD Card and Retentive Data Not working

Zezem

I have been having a big problem from moving to a Red Lion G308C100 to a CR3000-0700-00420.

Let me say that I'm already working with red lion on this but they haven't been able to find any kind of fix.

Ok so we moved to these newer panels a month or so ago and everything was pretty easy except for 1 thing. Every once in a while on bootup the panel will clear all of its retentive data. It doesn't happen all the time but enough times to make it a problem for me.

Red Lion has sad its a bug and should be fixed in a upcoming update. No date given.

So to So to remedy this fix I wrote a function that writes and reads all my retentive data off a SD card. This works great....when it actually works. Every once in a while the whole system will lock up when trying to read from the SD card. There are over 25,000 variables so i could see where it might be having problems.

I tried to add a timer that if the SD card doesn't finish in a reasonable amount of time to just CommitAndReset() the panel. Well according to the debug console/tracer this function does get excuted but it doesn't actually reset.

This system is for toxic gas monitoring so we can't have it ever lock up like this. It needs to boot up properly 100% of the time.

My database file for this program is massive and I can't post the whole thing on this forum.

Thank you forum gods for your time <3

I did have problems on a different HMI when reading or writing data to or from and SD card. Same as you I figured I was overloading the system, so I added a few sleep(100)s in to the program. It seems to give the HMI a chance to catch its breath. You can also play with how a program runs, in the Properties for a program you can modify the Execution Task and have it run in the background. Obviously, make sure you are using a good quality high speed SD card.