OT: Morning Laugh

I had an idea for a new invention, a Dorito catch net, clear plastic so you can see the keys through it, with a strap to hold it around your chin, catches all the little dropped pieces!

I had an even better one today. I wanted to vacuum out my car before I picked up my son at the airport so I found this nice attended automatic wash, and got the 6 dollar wash so I could use their FREE vacuums. I was in there like 10 seconds on the track, in neutral, when i get a text, so I look down and read it, next thing you know I rolled right into the curb across from the wash exit. The wash exits right out down a little grade and I never felt the car set down, just rolled right into the curb (no new damage done to the old beater, my ego that is and the car is tough too).

Don't even text and drive inside a car wash.

Last edited:
I had an even better one today. I wanted to vacuum out my car before I picked up my son at the airport so I found this nice attended automatic wash, and got the 6 dollar wash so I could use their FREE vacuums. I was in there like 10 seconds on the track, in neutral, when i get a text, so I look down and read it, next thing you know I rolled right into the curb across from the wash exit. The wash exits right out down a little grade and I never felt the car set down, just rolled right into the curb (no new damage done to the old beater, my ego that is and the car is tough too).

LOL, It's a good thing there was a curb and not a couple of clean shiny new cars.

That is the shortest car wash I have ever been through and smoothest, i was thinking, dammmit i gotta type on this phone something short...bang! look up slam on the brakes as a hop the front end of my '04 Stratus ON TOP of the normal size larking lot edge curbing. It did a great job though for a 30 second cycle. Wow. You know it may have been faster than 30 seconds. It was a shock. As soon as it started it was finishing up. I need to go try the 12 dollar car wash and pay attention next time. double DOH!

Last edited:
I once got stuck in a car-park where all exits were uphill.

I went in to repair the intercom system and when I came out it had snowed a foot deep.

After many attempts to get the car out of the snow I had a brainwave.

Put it into 1st gear, let the wheels start to slip than get out and push - jumping back in when it's moving.

Don't try it, you have to hop on one leg while the other tries to get in the door of a moving vehicle.

A big tree came to my assistance - stopped the car dead :(

Had a similar experience with my 67 Caddy. I took it to an automated car wash to get cleaned. Did not realize the conveyor system could not handle a 5800 lb car. Got into the wash section and heard a loud bang and the whole line came to a complete stop. Apparently the drive chain jumped the sprocket. The guys running the car wash had to basically drive the car thru the system. Once they got it outside the guy thought he put it in park and turned the engine off... Only problem it didn't go into park and started rolling. Thankfully it hit a curb before it got very far. I tipped the guys well and promised I would never bring my caddy back to them. Best part was the kid in front of the car thought he could hold it once it started to roll.... Needless to say it didn't work out for him... After the car started to get the best of him he just jumped out of the way. I told him he was freaking nuts for even trying... He agreed

When I first got divorced I ended up for a few weeks driving a 73 Ford truck that I had to to shift in and out of reverse from under the hood, trusting the parking brake (which I did carefully inspect). I finally found the pieces to fix the linkage and traded up to a v6 Cutlass and a wad of cash.

Back to the keyboard problem.... Had a similar problem just a few months ago with our Instrument Tech's PC. He said he needed a new keyboard because the "F" key didn't work anymore. Looked at the keyboard and realize it did need a good cleaning, and found a tiny piece of solder lodged under the "F"key cap. Was hard to fish out, but once out KB worked fine. Next time I'll just send it through the nearest car wash....