Morning!! Two Micrologix 1000's

Hello,

I have two micrologix 1000 and I'd like to hook them together much like you can with PLC5 and SLC 500 where they share the same program.

Is this even possible?

Thanks John

PLC-5, SLC-500, and ControlLogix controllers all have an option for some degree of redundancy, in which two controllers run the same program and control I/O that is connected via some type of network.

MicroLogix 1000 controllers all have embedded I/O and do not use remote I/O networks. They are not intended or suited for redundancy applications.

If what you're trying to do is use one MicroLogix as an "extension" of the other one, to cover two locations with a single control strategy, you might be able to use DF1 or DH485 protocol messaging to exchange data between them.

Tell us more about your application.

Hello,

We have a machine at work that has two micrologix 1000 that are connected to a interface ( not sure of the part #) and then to a DTAM panel.

I have two of my own Micrologix's and I'd like to connect them together.
If I wanted to use one controller as an extenion of the first, basically doubling the I/O's do I use the same interface device or is thier another way to accomplish this?

Thanks John

Go ahead and find out that part number.... And what the interface device is.

Then we might be able to tell you if you want to use it on your application or if you should go with something else.