Which one is better devicenet or canbus?

Tofo

I need to design a machine, it will have 5-6 servo motors and around 40 sensors. I am now going to choose how to connect the whole machine. I locate in US.

1. Which one has more motors and sensors' manufacturers choose? (I want to have more choose to buy sensor and motor)
2. In general, which one is easier to program?

Also, please suggest some other communication protocol if you have some better idea. Thanks

You are getting a little ahead of yourself. The bus you choose will likely be the one that works best with the devices you pick to do the work.

In any case, DeviceNet is a protocol that runs on a Canbus network. Another protocol that uses Canbus is CanOPEN.

Do you know what PLC you will be using to coordinate everything?

For a more modern network that will be much better for servo motors the better choices are Eternet, either ProfiNet or EtherCat.
My first choice is Profinet.

Ethernet IP is OK but gets pretty clogged up. If you want something that really works well have a look at EtherCat. Device Net is way too expensive and Can Open is a pain, as are ProfiBus and ProfiNet to me.

No matter which fieldbus you chose, the 'programming' of the fieldbus itself will be quite easy. I use Profinet and it takes a few minutes to configure.

Maybe your choice of servo drive and controller will dictate what fieldbuses are available to you.