FTView Numerical Entry - Confirm

Hal9000

Hello,

I have a series of numerical entry boxes in my FTView SE project that allow values to be written to my ControlLogix PLC. They work fine and I'm able to set the mix and max ranges as well within the numerical entry box set-up.

However, my customer wants me to add a "confirm" step, basically when a value is entered into the field and the user presses the enter key, a pop up box needs to appear saying "download value?". Clicking ok will write the value to the PLC, clicking cancel will cancel.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a simply way of doing this? It sounds simple but I hitting a brick wall.

My preference for this is to write the value to a temporary holding tag and then pop up the screen for confirmation. Only once it's confirmed do I write to the permanent tag.

Thanks Steve,

I guess you are talking about creating Tags in the HMI Tag editor as "memory Tags"?

What command would I them use to write to the permanent PLC Tag? and what would be the best way to manage the pop-up given I have about 200 entry boxes!!

One way I have done this is to have the numeric input write to a temporary tag in the PLC.
Have the enter tag on the numeric input call the confirm screen. When the confirm button is pressed, have your logic move the temp tag value to the permanent tag.

Or you could have identical "entry" screens that are template-based, using parameter files, to enter a temporary value and link the temporary tag to all the different permanent tags. The numeric input would actually be on the pop-ups screen, and the enter tag would bring up the visibility of the "confirm" and "cancel" buttons. This approach would require you to change all your numeric inputs to "Goto" buttons that called the entry pop-ups and parameter files.

With 200+ buttons to modify, it's going to be tedious no matter how you do it!

I guess asking the operators to be more careful is out of the question... :whistle:

Thanks bmacattack33!!

I'll have a go at the PLC option first.

I agree re comment about the operators, I have applied Security to these numerical inputs already, but it seems that's not enough.

Never mind.

Use a macro. The confirm button calls the macro. The macro contains
a list of the following commands:

&PLCtag = temporary_tag.

The & symbol forces an immediate tag write. Omitting it will have the tag write on the then next scheduled write cycle.