FANUC to abort program

Lefty31

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=78503&highlight=FANUC+abort

I've looked through this thread and I have found all except how to set that $SHELL value. I have a R-30iB controller with a CompactLogix PLC. I have everything talking over PNS smoothly, able to start and stop a program once complete. I need to be able to abort this program in the need of an emergency, or if for some reason the client needs to cancel what is started and execute another program.

Any help to edit that $SHELL value (through TP) will you be greatly appreciated. Any other info needed let me know, I will gladly provide.

I've looked through this thread and I have found all except how to set that $SHELL value. I have a R-30iB controller with a CompactLogix PLC. I have everything talking over PNS smoothly, able to start and stop a program once complete. I need to be able to abort this program in the need of an emergency, or if for some reason the client needs to cancel what is started and execute another program.

Any help to edit that $SHELL value (through TP) will you be greatly appreciated. Any other info needed let me know, I will gladly provide.

I'm at my first major implementation of a Fanuc LR mate ( up until now simple pick and place projects were completed)But here are my 2 cents.

When you say "in the need of an emergency" you're refering strictly to an e-stop? Because in this case you can tie in to the TP0B7 E-stop board all external signals(like the PLC that i will assume it's issuing a RUN type command). Then your program may have a structure like i'm using that has a case statement / if clause that has as main conditions some digital inputs that you can read; thus on E-stop recovery where all signals are cleared turn another one on that calls a different set of moves.

something like
if DI[1]=1 & DI[2]=0 execute MAIN
else DI[1]=0 & DI[2]=1 execute SAFETY or whatever

The UI4 Cycle Stop input aborts program, if in the MENU>SYSTEM>Config, the CSTOPI for ABORT is set TRUE.
No need to manipulate system variables for this setup.

you need to set CSTOPI for abort as Sergei suggested.
There is a sample code here for RSLogix500 called Robot Interfacing.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=33507
I can post a sample code for compactlogix in a few days time if you are interested.

Is that the only thing needed to be set to true ?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/fanucpscreen.jpg/

Since i would not use PNS Strobe would the sequence of events change much? By the way my integration includes a Siemens 315 CPU and the communication will be attempted on ProfiBus

RSR works different to PNS. PNS is the preferred option by most. RSR is limited to a certain number (may be 8) of programs that you can call. You can call up to 255 programs by PNS.
I used RSR once then had to change to PNS because of it's limitations. I have a function block for siemens for PNS. Will post a source code tomorrow.

Items 9,10,11 to true

Last edited:
RSR works different to PNS. PNS is the preferred option by most. RSR is limited to a certain number (may be 8) of programs that you can call. You can call up to 255 programs by PNS.
I used RSR once then had to change to PNS because of it's limitations. I have a function block for siemens for PNS. Will post a source code tomorrow.

Items 9,10,11 to true

I heard about the item limitation before. It would probably make no difference since i have a main sweep calling 3 subroutines and one of them calling a macro. But deffinitely that PNS functions block would be amazingly helpful. Thank you!