Receiving SMS in Rslogix 5000

didibabawu

Hi everyone,

I am implementing a program to send and receive SMS using a GSM modem. I can send and receive short SMS within 82 characters without any problems, but anything exceeds that limit gives me a error although I have created a 500 characters size new string data type in the program.

What is causing the problem and what should I do in order to deal with long message??

I like the email function better. Much easier to work with in the controller.

Just send your email to the text address for example here in the states on Verizon it would be like [email protected] and that would come to the persons phone in SMS format.

This is a example number off the top of my head so don't text it as there is no telling what you may get.

It sound good but our PLC does not have internet access.

The biggest issue and the thing I want to understand is why the ascii string is limited to 82 characters. Is this restricted by the built in ascii serial port functions? I am currently using AWA to send AT commands and using ACB and ARD to read data.

Hi everyone,

I am implementing a program to send and receive SMS using a GSM modem. I can send and receive short SMS within 82 characters without any problems, but anything exceeds that limit gives me a error although I have created a 500 characters size new string data type in the program.

What is causing the problem and what should I do in order to deal with long message??

Under controller properties>user protocol> you can modifiy the read/write buffer size, the default is 82 bytes.
What is the error you are getting?