All kindas of Lost

MattS

Hello Everyone,
I am new to PLCs so if I sound like a newbie it is because I am. I seem to be having some trouble with my PLC programming. The idea is to have a system that self corrects it's self if the part is out of tolerance. I have a few variables i can adjust (Temperature, Extruder RPMs and Cut rate), but i only really want to adjust the cut rate due to the accuracy needed. At first i was thinking a timer but with timers not being able to import variables this becomes hard. I am open to all ideas but keep in mind i have a tolerance of + or - .5 oz. So accuracy is key. Please save me

usually when I want have a variable time .I use a compare >= and <= with an integer and the acc of the timer

there are many here that know about flying shears (i think thats what your trying to do) iff you will post what you have so far I sure some will jump in and help

I see what you mean buy "Flying shear" I am bombing my brain with it now. But you lost me on the Timer and compare. How do you get the Compare into the timer? or am i lost before that

Use an interger as your setpoint say n7:0 than compare that to the timer acc. Value

So your setup be like
Timer ON Delay
Timer T4:0
Time Base 1.0
Preset 0
Accum N7:0

Then you compare would look something like
Grtr Than or Eql (A>=B)
Source A N7:0
0<
Source B N7:1
0<

Where N7:0 is my variable time and N7:1 is my Altered time or something like that

Take a step back...

You can't move a variable (N7:0) to a Timer accumulator. Well actually you can, but you normally never would.

You can adjust the preset of a timer through a variable.
For instance:

Code:
MOV N7:0 T4:0.PRE

N7:0 could be a variable that you adjust on the HMI.
N7:1 could be another HMI variable that is the "ON Time". Use this a compare block.

Code:
LES T4:0.ACC N7:1 OTE Your_Output_Here

The above code is the equivalent of:

Code:
IF Timer_Accumulator < On_Time_Setpoint AND Timer_Enabled
   Then My_Output = 1      
ENDIF
//If conditions are met, turn on the output until the timer eclipses the setpoint

It's unclear exactly what you are trying to do. Giving a better, more specific description of what you are trying to control, and what elements you have to achieve that control, would go a long way towards getting better advice.

The whole process is sorting small rubber shots. I have much of the programming done. With this variable time i am hoping to use it to run a fixed blade that is at the end of our extruder. If the shot is out of spec or nearing out of spec then in the programming the cut rate (variable timer) with be increased or decreased.

The whole process is sorting small rubber shots. I have much of the programming done. With this variable time i am hoping to use it to run a fixed blade that is at the end of our extruder. If the shot is out of spec or nearing out of spec then in the programming the cut rate (variable timer) with be increased or decreased.

Ok so you could use a binary flag or comparator to let you know that you are out of spec.

If < spec, then add a certain amount to your N7:0 register. If > spec, subtract from the same register. As above, you would MOVe N7:0 to your timer preset. This way you keep varying the timing of your shear based on your quality feedback.