SLC 5/04 processor faulting

geoplc

I have a problem where the processor dumps memory and goes to default with no program. This happens when I attempt to download the prgram using the DH+ port which is shared with a 1747-ASB and PV600. While the download is in process and the RSLogix screen displays Downloading executables I will see all the processor LEDS flash just like at bootup, the fault code is 0002h hardware interrupt. Tried different processors, cables, and PCMK cards. I believe it also dumped memory when powered up last night on 3rd shift because when I came in the processor was faulted again with no program. Anyone seen this before?

First off your 1747-ABS is a remote I/O adapter, it does not should not be connected to a DH+ port.

Check your grounding to the SLC, also make sure all inductive loads have surge protection.

It is a scanner card 1747-SN not ASB. I would buy the inductive noise theory but there are no outputs changing states during the download process and it doesnt occur while the machine is in use which is why I didnt pursue that route earlier.

Take that back there are two 1747-ASB cards, one in each remote chassis all on the same DH+ comm . I just powered down the machine to verify the part numbers on these cards and upon power up no more program and default comm setup.

Thinking back when this started just a week ago I had changed the DH+ baud rate from 57k to 230K to speed things along while working on changes to the machine. Put everything back to 57k and powering down and back up the procesor is OK. There is a 1747-SN card in main rack communicating with 2 slaves on 1747-ASB. Guess i check comm line terminations for now

FYI , the 1747-SN and 1747-ASB are remote I/O not DH+. They do both use the same "Blue Hose" for wiring though. But the DH+ port on your SLC5/04 is DH+ not remote I/O.