Siemens KTP600 Basic PN HMI communication with Modbus TCP/IP

ekrem03

I have been working on communicating with Siemens KTP600 Basic PN HMI from my microprocessor. The main communication protocol that HMI uses with PLC is Profinet. Since Profinet protocol is harder to implement in the microprocessors rather then the Modbus TCP, I have been writing my code for Modbus.

It states in technical data of Siemens KTP600 Basic PN HMI:
https://support.automation.siemens.....csinfo&lang=en&objID=28426379&subtype=133200

Modbus TCP is a supported protocol. The person who has done the HMI programming in TAI platform tells me that it only has Profinet communciation which confuses so much.

I hope there is somebody out there that had done Modbus TCP/IP communication with HMI either to a PLC or to a microprocessor.

PLC experts, I would be very happy if you could clarify me with this issue. If Modbus TCP is possible where would be the best place to read how to modify the HMI code (TAI platform) to Modbus from Profinet.

Yes. There is a way to communicate Siemens KTP600 Basic PN HMI through Modbus TCP/IP:

1.Double-click the HMI device under "Devices" in the project tree.
2.Double-click the "Connections" item.
3.Double-click "<Add>" in the "Connections" editor.
4.Select the "Modicon Modbus TCP" driver in the "Communication driver" column.
5.Select all necessary connection parameters for the interface in the Inspector window under "Parameters".

Link how to configure in detail: http://www.automation.siemens.com/m...7364590091&Language=en-US&TopicId=30403448075

I do have a question: How do you program the HMI after you configure it with steps above.
In TIA with Siemens Controller, I can associate HMI tags with Controller Tags, How do i do this with Modicon TCP/IP?

Thanks