Protect with password

pirataZ

Hello everybody, I've got a problem concerning the creation of pages for a PanelView 1500 by using the RSView STUDIO software. I'd like to create a page with a specific password in order to protect the content and avoid free access of course but I have no idea about this. Does anybody know more? Could you please give me any advices?
Thank you in advance!

Hi

First you will have to create a new user under system/users and groups/ users in the project tree.
Then you go into runtime security and add that user. You will then see that you can allow some user different rights depending on the letter you select. You could then hide the button that brings you to the screen by using under the animation banner for the button CurrentUserHasCode(B) using B if all the users you want to access that screen have the user right b.
The second option id under Display settings for the screen in question and look at the security code and again select B if the user you require to access the screen as the rights.
The last thing to do is create a log in button look under Objects, Advanced, and Login
Also look at the help files in the index tab and type in Log in.

Hope this helps

Donnchadh

Hi!
Firstly many thanks for your response. Actually, the entire project already has its own password so I can easily login in but I just need to know how protect one single page (of that project) by using the same password or a different one. Hope it makes sense.
Thank you so much

Do just as Donnchadh has suggested, make the button that goes to the screen you want to protect have conditional visibility. The expression for visibility animation would be "CurrentUserHasCode(x)" where x is a letter code that only the user(s) that need access to the page have. The letter codes for each user are setup in the Runtime Security editor.
This way, once the proper user logs in, the Goto Button for the secure page will become visible on the screen.

Hi
Just remember you can have a number of different users
Like operator, engineer, shift 1 etc

Donnchadh

Hi guys
I just want to let you know that I finally sorted it out! Thank you so much for your help and your useful advices!

Have a lovely day you all!