Quality Control Image Processing

ldrewes

Hope everyone is having a good day!
I have a question that might be out of the realm of this forum but is still related none the less.
What we are wanting to do at our company is to have a camera with I/O setup at our process. Each product that enters a specified area under the camera will get a snapshot taken (triggered by an output from the plc). Each product has a unique barcode unit number on the side which we want to scan with a barcode reader at the same point the picture is taken. Now this next part is the biggest thing i need help with. How do we get that image and barcode number linked together and stored in a database? End result being that if a customer has a complaint we can ask them what the barcode number is and then search that number in the database to find the image associated with that product at the time of production.
Any help and/or direction is greatly appreciated! :)

Cognex have the camera and the software that can take care of the setup you've described above, I would suggest giving your local sales guy a call and see if he can come in and demo the system for you.

A cognex camera and barcode reader can easily do the job. You'll need a little bit of custom software to add the records to a DB but it wouldn't be difficult. Most SCADA packages would have the capability but there is literally 100's of possibilities depending on what you have already and your budget.