Kepware Tag Quality

Tutonka

I have a plant-wide project pulling data from numerous PLCs (20-30 PLCs) into a redundant Kepware Server. We are talking 2000+ tags. I'm hearing from the Historian development team that are receiving intermittent Bad Quality Tags. When I check in the OPC Quick Client on the Kepware servers, any tags that initially show in a Bad Quality state quickly resolve to Good status. Any suggestions on what I might be able to re-configure in order for the tags to stop failing this way?

There is a possibility that when it was configured all tags may be at default scan rate of 100ms, so perhaps if you have some tags that do not need that rate try increasing them, it may help, I have seen systems not RSL though with over 15,000 tags & very few bad quality even at default scan rates but that was on Mitsubishi Ethernet, although connected to the main PLC network the Scada was on a switch next to the PLC's..