E-Plan project structure?

somlioy

Hello, I'm struggling to understand the principal of the project structures.

Higher-level function and mounting location.

Take for example a boat.
The main engine has the main controll cabinet in the machine room, but it also has a controll cabinet on the bridge.

Various pumps is powered from the main switch board in the engine room but can be started from the bridge aswell as in the engine room.

How would one set up the project for this?

I would make Mounting Locations like;
MC - main control cabinet
BC - control cabinet
EN - engine
Then put my drawing sheets under the appropriate Mounting Location folder.
If it's more convienient to draw a component like pump (say P1) on the MC sheet, you can draw a 'Location Box' around it, that pump then becomes MC-P1, and the fuse for the pump in the cabinet will be MC-F1

I don't often use the HLF but I suppose this could be BT (boat), you could then expand the project to include another HLF like HC (helicopter) (if your boat is posh enough :)

Because you have now identified the locations, you could call a set of terminals X123 in the MC and X1 in the BC, the full names will be MC-X123 and BC-X123. The cable between the two panels could then be called W123.

Does this help?

You could use the higher level function to split up the different control systems the boat has. e.g.Engine, Pumps, Lighting, Navigation, etc