Soft Start a 2 Speed Motor?

ndzied1

Lifetime Supporting Member
I had a customer ask me if he could use a Soft Start on a two speed motor and I really don't know. The motor in questions is 50HP with speeds of 1200 and 600 RPM. Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

It is possible you need to build combination of contactors before the start.See the picture ignor the unknown language.
I hope you understand the idea.

soft start.jpg

Last edited:
The answer is Yes and several of the US makers of SCR-based softstarts make units specifically for two-speed motors. Check with Motortronics and Benshaw to name a couple.

Similar Topics

Does a solid state soft starter have a DC Buss / DC Buss voltage like a VFD does?
Replies
Views
Haven't done much with soft starts, more-so VFDs' in my time. Looking at replacing 3 x 37KW (415 V 50 Hz) star-delta starters with soft starters...
Replies
Views
Is there a way to get the fault history from a SIRIUS 3RW4456 Soft Start through the HMI keypad? I've been through the manual but it is pretty...
Replies
Views
We are going to be using a SIRUS 3RW5545 Soft Start to control a 480V, 150HP fan. Looking for some recommendations for parameters to use with this...
Replies
Views
Good Morning , We have a 100 HP , 480 V (Full Load Amps 124 ) Hammer Mill motor that has a Wye/Delta starting procedure. I would like to put...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom