Sizing a Soft Start for a 100 HP motor for a Hammer Mill

@sbaum.
+1 that a softstarter with bypass will be unaffected by the current peaks after startup.
If the softstarter does not have an integral bypass contactor, one can be added outside the VFD.

@Cydog.
The extra high starting current will heat up both motor and electronics.
Because of that , both starting frequency and starting class must be taken into account when sizing both motors and electronics.

Softstarters do not have a DC stage with capacitors like a VFD.

Thanks . That makes sense . If you don't mind , I have one more question .
This motor is a 125 HP and the full load amps are 156 amps . How much larger would you go , oversizing the soft start for this 125 HP Pellet Mill motor , in case feed is left in the Pellet Mill ? 150 HP , 200 Hp , ? Of course we don't want to break anything .

Thanks again