Issues with RSLinx or RSLogix 500 crashing

George Graziano

Lifetime Supporting Member
More & more frequently I am finding I have to stop the Harmony service. Then delete the Harmony file. ( For some reason only 1 file, not 2. Now once yesterday and once today. I am using a windows7 enterprize 64bit. I do have just RSStudio in a virtual box, other than that everything native. Any ideas? I am beginning to wonder if I should get a big drive and dual boot XP & windows7.
Thanks
George

George, if what you are experiencing is RSLinx dropping the connection to the SLC when editing, there is a fix that needs doing in RSLinx for certain SLC firmware revisions which doesn't affect any other revisions...

In RSLinx, Communications menu, choose "Configure CIP Options".

On the "PCCC Encapsulation in CIP" tab, set the following "Messaging Connection Parameters"...

8.00 Sec. retry interval, 256.00 sec. timeout (drop-down selection)

Max. "Fast" Connections per PLC - set it to 1
Max. "Slow" Connections per PLC - set it to 1

Leave all the other settings as they are.

It usually seems to die when I try to go online. Lately it has been RSLogix 500 more then RSLinx.

Thanks
George

Like most people in this thread I also need any information, manuals, programming software, comms cable pinouts assocaited with the Sprecher + Schuh Sestep 430. Any help will be much appreciated. You can email me at
[email protected]