UDT's and RSlinx

leotasca

I need to know if there is a structure to communicate UDT 32 bits

directly to a SCADA software, not Rockwell. I'm using a communication

between an array of DINT, but would like to name the items within each

DINT (bit). I made a UDT struct in RSlogix 5000 and was very good, but

RSLinx can not see each UDT has the same structure of a 32-bit DINT

and not communicating, which makes my job a lot because my array will

be without any structure. Somebody used this?

If your UDT is for instance XXX.YYY (dint) the use XXX.YYY.0, XXX.YYY.1 for bits 0 and 1 and so on.

@widelto

I use UDT's for an array of Dint, where the objetive is put names for all bits off all items. Example:

Array ControlMotors (Array Of 100 positions off UDT "Motor")

UDT motor: Automatic (bit0), Semi-Auto(Bit1), Manual(bit2). This UDT have 32 Bits.

Now, I can Read a Block of DINT using the OPC String: [My_OPC]ControlMotors,L100,C1, where I have a Block with 100 positions, and this works fine.

But I can't make a Array of UDT Motor communicate, because the same OPC string is not valid anymore, and I don't know how to do this, because I think is not possible.

Look Atach files:

Array_DINT_SCADA.jpg is the OPC String working on SCADA software

Array_DInt_Logix.jpg is the array of DINT on logix5000, but I like to change.

Array_UDT_Logix.jpg is the array of an UDT. Is how I'm trying to do, but I can't make communicate with Scada, using Block's (like I can do using DINT). Only works using tag by tag....

Well, If is possible to communicate a block of an Array's UDT, solve my problem!

Array_DINT_Logix.JPG Array_DINT_SCADA.JPG Array_UDT_Logix.JPG