Windows activation in a virtual drive

dmmons

I am using a PC (windows 7) that has three virtual drives on it. Each one with different brands of Plc programming software on them.

The drive I need to use currently worked last week. However, when I went to use it today I am getting a "Windows Product Activation" hate message, asking me if I want to activate windows now.

If I choose "yes" it tells me the product is activated and then logs me off then back on and I get the same message.

If I choose no, it just logs me off then back on to the same message.

Anyone else ever see this?

Sounds like you might have it reverting to a snapshot of an unactivated state on each load up. If your files you are working on are saved on a network computer/server, that would make sense.

If you save a "test.txt" file to your desktop, and restart the VM, is it still there?