M340 & NOR 0200h (DNP3 Card)

Thushi_engit

HI,
5000+ I/Os should be transferred via a RTU (M340) from three different PLCs (Trident/Flow Computer/Quantum). There are two Comms card (NOR0200H) used in the RTU each capable of handling 5000 I/Os. But when we load around 1000 points the card is fully loaded and doesn’t work. We created xml file to load the Comms cards and the card doesn’t load the file with 5000+ points. Then the file was spited to have 100 points per file and then loaded one by one up to 10 files. Can’t load more than 1000 points further.
Now the loaded cards don’t talk to ClearSCADA because card is over loaded. Schneider was here and said that practically M340 can’t handle more than 1000 points. At this stage what is the best solution you would provide?

if many of your points are boolean then map them in to words before sending them to the DNP3 card, and in the SCADA system map them back to bits.

Can you provide a link to the Schneider literature which says the module can handle 5000 points? I couldn't find this number in their specs.

You will probably have to buy a seperate modbus to DNP3 converter. I have used GE iBox before, which I do not recommend, software on a computer from http://www.subnet.com and novatech networks Orion 5 I am working on now but am not far enough along to rate it yet.