What kind of software for a S7-3xx CPU?

Dariusch

Hi Everyone

Can anyone tell me what software I need for debugging and programming
S7-3xx CPU's

And also need software for the Simatic OP170B Panel?

And What cable do I need for both the PLC and HMI?

Tanks

dariusch

Last edited:
Hello, Dariusch

S7-300 programming: Step 7,now at version 5.3
OP170 B programming: Protool, now at version 6 (soon to be WinCC Flexible, mini-format)

Cables:
S7-300: Choose beteen PC-Adapter (serial to MPI converter) or MPI card on your PC with MPI cable

OP170 B: serial null-modem cable for programming and download; MpI or Profibus cable for connection to the S7-300.

contact your siemens rep for part no's and more info.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Hej Dariusch :)

Consider the "lite" versions of both STEP7 and Protool. They will be enough if you dont need to go above S7-300 and OP170.

Also check if there is a "starter kit" with everything included at a discounted price. I think there is !

Also check if there is a "starter kit" with everything included at a discounted price. I think there is !

There is a starter kit available from Siemens for the S7-300s
part#6ES7312-5BD00-4BB0

Jesper,
If I write a program using Step7 lite can I open the file using Step7 basic? The reason is my customer has Step7 basic on-site but I need to do programming at my office. I can't leave the factory with the software key incase they have an emergency, so was wondering if I can get away with the "lite" version rather than the basic due to price. Tech support at Siemens says I have to download the program to the CPU using lite then upload the program from the CPU using basic.... how about the comments though?

Last edited:
I dont have "lite" myself.
To quote Siemens own sales pitch for STEP7 Lite:
"STEP7 BASIS can import projects created with STEP7 LITE."
What theat means I dont know. I would search the online manuals and FAQs carefully to find out. Siemens own helpline can be strange sometimes, there is a person that handles your "case", and his knowledge about Siemens own products can be way off to my experience.
Its easiest just to say "it cant be done".

:p hi buddy
u just need STEp 5. or above for S7-300
U just nedd for OB-17 Protoll
serial cable for MPI or Fiber optics which Data Medium u wana Utilize
any more jtips dont hesitate
here is ur friend
M Faisal Qureshi

Step7 Lite projects can be opened with Step7 and vice versa. The limiting factor with Step7 Lite is that you can't do any type of networking with it...no remote I/O on the CPU's integrated DP port, no CPs.