Siemens MPI network & Rexroth CLM 1.4

BeanStock

I am new here. I am also kind of new to working with Siemens plc's. Working on a machine that has a Siemens 313C plc & a touch panel TP177A, on this same machine there is also a Rexroth CLM 1.4 controller. Is there any way possible to get this Rexroth onto the MPI network? As I want to be able to change couple variables on the Rexroth control with the touch panel or the Siemens plc if at all possible

Thanks for any help.

Thank You Jasper
OK would this take a lot of effort to add this CP342-5? How much programming etc would there be to get it to work? If this is something that is possible and if a am able to get it to work, then we really want to look into it.

Skimming trough the manual, it seems you can read a variable at a time, and write a variable at a time.
It may take some effort to achieve what you want.

Adding the Profibus card to the S7-300 rack isn't difficult in itself.

If I would end up going with this Profibus card, would my touch panel still be able to stay master in the system? What about the MPI network, would that stay to, or would the touch panel need to go through the profibus card to?

Thanks Again

Another thought that might work, being that I only need to be able to input a value into a variable in the CLM 1.4. Would it be possible to output an analog on the Siemens and input into the CLM 1.4, and change the variable value that way? This would likely be a bit hard to control that the right value will end up in my variable?

Thanks to any help

Your touch panel will not be able to read or write values directly in the Rexroth controller. Everything has to be handled by the S7 CPU.
No offense, but your questions makes me wish I never suggested the possibility.