Ab coil use problem

Nelliyan

Hi ,

I was simply doing a logic to switch 4 coils 1,2,3,4...
When my counter = 0 part 1,2,3,4 are on
When Counter = 1 part 4 will be on

Up to 16 cases are there in my scenario, The problem i am facing is i was not able to use the same coils in every place...IF i do so the coils are not energising.... And i found that different coils have to be used this s really a time killing task for me....Whereas in siemens i attained this same concept in simple way ... is there s any other to use the same coil in many places....

I know that op's cannot be used in 2 places ,,,but why not the memory coils....

Regards,
Nelliyan.G

AB.jpg

Well you can easily solve this problem using a sequencer. It will make your logic very compact but it will be difficult to troubleshoot.If you want to make it easy to troubleshoot then just find out all the conditions for turning on each output.

For example, suppose A_CHILD_PART_4 turns on when the counter accumulator is 0,1 or 3.Then just use three Equal Instructions in parallel equating the counter accumulator with 1,2 and 3, in front of A_CHILD_PART_4 output.Doing this will remove the need to add the same output on different rungs.

Last edited:
This is the closest I could get to how you are trying to program it. To get more than one branch in line, right click on the bottom right corner of the branch and select "Add branch level".

Hope it helps.

Solution.PNG

solution is not correct, as you should use any output only once in your program, now it is dependent of the sequence you are using.

solution is not correct, as you should use any output only once in your program, now it is dependent of the sequence you are using.

/Disagree.
You should use what is appropriate, and efficient, and accomplishes the required task. Absolute blanket statements like the above are almost always incorrect.