I have no idea what I need but maybe you do!

I'm interested in developing a web page using Adobe’s Dreamweaver CS6. This webpage will "Connect" via Wi-Fi to our machine's PLC for acquiring data and perhaps doing some light troubleshooting like activating solenoid valves and for watching discrete and analog sensor data. No internet and no remote connection is needed just plain old -right on the plant- local Wi-Fi connection.
This webpage will be displayed in Android mobile devices like Smart phones and Tablets.

The problem I'm having is figuring out what type of software, protocol or driver I need that will be able to "Connect" with the Android mobile device and grab the data I need from the PLC so I can display it in the webpage.

The type of PLC we mostly used are the new -Do-More- and -06 with Ecom- from AutomationDirect and the Ethernet CompactLogix from Allen Bradley.

I have already contacted companies that sells OPC drivers and none of them were able to help, so I'm confident that OPC is not the way to go.

Is FTP or Modbus TCP the way to go? Has anyone here done this and can share some knowledge or basic information to get me started?

Unfortunately at this time we Do Not do any type of development using .Net, C++ or any other programming language, we only use Dreamweaver to develop web pages.

Thanks everyone

Sincerely

I have done somewhat similar using...

-Modbus TCP (Jamod api) http://jamod.sourceforge.net/
-Apache Tomcat (servlets)
-MYSQL

I have a task in tomcat that connects to the PLC using jamod api and stores the data in MYSQL.

I've created a web application that queries the data from MYSQL and also have a live data viewer option that connects directly to the PLC from a webpage using jamod.

Hope that helps...