Forces in RSL 5

Dallyn Czar

This may be an easy one but im not quite an expert... yet. So ive been doing maintenance at some sawmills here the last couple years and now its very rare that i get stumped but one thing ive noticed lately is that certain programs at the mill wont let me force things on or off, even when forces are enabled. either way im accessing everything from the same computer on the same DH+ network and it only doesnt work on a couple of the plc5 programs i get a red ON or OFF when i force but no green indicator or anything for example. Im new to this mill so i dont know if they have any different configurations that would not make a force work as i came to this mill i had to update rsl5 just to be able to integrate the advanced diagnostics into the program tree. Anyways im just curious if anyone has any ideas why this is happening. Thanks

Forcing Inputs or Outputs? How they display on the screen will be different when you apply a force. With outputs, the ote would not indicate "green" (meaning true logic) because the force is applied directly to the output card and the data table will not reflect the force. When forcing an input the "green" indicator would come on as the data table reflects the force. Always remember the force is applied between the physical device and the data table.

Are you with Canfor by the way? I work in a sawmill here in NC.

thanks guys, and yeah its a Canfor mill. I have a feeling the force protection might be the key i will try and check it out this afternoon

gbeaker's solution is for rs500, for rs5 you need to go to processor status> control tab (last one)> Run Mode Memory Protection (s:26/6) and make sure it is unchecked (=0).

Be advised the key switch would have to be in the run position for the above to work.

datatableinhibit.png