inTouch script

kdoss

I want a pump to go on and off with tank levels but haven't had any luck getting my script to work. Should I use a condition or application? These are the types of tags I'm using.

I/O Discrete - Start Command

I/O Real - Tank Level

typically this is the kind of operation you would do in a plc. all you should be doing in wonderware is issuing a start command or stop command to the pumps or maybe changing a setpoint that resides in the plc to kick on or off the pump automatically.

You **can** do this in wonderware, but while you seem to be just starting, you should look at doing this the right way.

I see that this is your 2nd post on this topic.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=537476#post537476

If your PLC guy wont accomodate you on having the controls reside in the PLC, I certainly would question his knowledge and ability. He is almost certainly setting you up to fail.

Last edited:
Trust me I've tried arguing that point on many occasions and lost. We had been sending the tank levels over a phone line but those were taken down today. Everything is running in manual until I figure this stuff out.

I created an new application script but it didn't work.

IF Tank_Level3 <= 85 THEN
WW_REMOTE_START6 = 1;
ENDIF;

IF Tank_Level3 >= 95 THEN
WW_REMOTE_START6 = 0;
ENDIF;

Tank_Level3 is I/O Discrete

WW_REMOTE_START6 is I/O Real - Tank Level

Make some animations showing the values of tank level and remote start. It will let you know what the script is doing.

Is remote start an output of a PLC? you should probably control an internal bit and have the bit set the output.

Do you attach the tag to the toggle switch with script? Its been a few since I did WW script, maybe seeing the toggle switch script will shed some light.

I would shy away from this type of control thru HMI. The system will not run if the computer is off or the ww is not communicating

This is plc work, they should just do it.

I too would avoid this, but he has explained his PLC guy is a dick and won't help out. It sounds like he is operating it manually for now and this method is better than nothing.

I hear ya Mcfarlde... but when it comes to work the right way, you dont have to like me..lol Just be professional. There many of companies that would love to step in and take that job away... :) I dread the idea that the process would not work if my HMI was out.

Don't get me wrong robo, I shudder at some of the stuff I see on here too... In fact, I quit visiting because of the direction it showed the industry was taking. Seems anyone can implement control systems these days! in this case, at least the signals are now wired and not telephoned!!