TIA Portal V11 SP2

nuby01

I am trying to configure an old CPU for testing purposes in TIA Portal. The CPU part # is 315-2EG10-0AB0, the problem is I cant find this part# in TIA's hardware catalog. I know they are promoting new hardware but does anyone know if there's a way to configure a device that doesn't exist in the hardware catalog?

Go to Installed Software / Installation of Support Packages / Download from the Internet. If you are lucky they will have something available online.

Unless Siemens as changed their tune, TIA Portal does not support CPU hardware older than ~2007.

Looks like you're right Mike, there are a couple new CPU varieties in the support package but not the one I'm looking for, thanks for the help guys.

I tried that JRW with no success, thanks for the suggestion but it looks like that CPU is too old to be supported in TIA, no issue in step 7. Pretty good way to make us upgrade hardware...

Pretty good way to make us upgrade hardware...

I don't understand why you say that, old hardware usually goes with old software. In this case, you try to use the new one on old stuff, it would be Step7 V5.3+ instead of TIA.
The bad side is to use wincc flex for any hmi or TIA just for the hmi with an access point looking at the new version of the same plc availaible in the hardware and this has work for me.

can you tell us more about it ?

TIA is a new tool which still works with STEP7 and STEP7+, the PLC you mentioned requires step7... so TIA supports old hardware also.

But as TIA is designed newly and the hardware you mentioned is no more in production,this hardware support will be provided on demand basis VIA HSP (Hardware supporting package), for this you need to conatct your system integrator/commision engineer.

[FYI] TIA is a integrated software with Step7 V5.3

Last edited:
interresting! last year i did one with a used 315pn/dp that wasn't on the hardware list of tia and Siemens support forum told me that the only way to program it was with Step7 so i made my ladder program under step7 and the comfort hmi under TIA (not availlaible to wincc integrated with step7) So i had to type my tags 2 times like we used to before TIA...

If i have to do that again, i will look to get the HSP

Jeff, Ask your local Siemens / Distributor rep about this HSP, let us know if you are able to get it or not. I have my doubts, but would be happy to be pleasantly surprised.