Siemens TIA Portal V11 Discriptions

bigsteve777

Hi all, I'm a bit of a noob with Siemens. (I know enough to be dangerous) I've come across a V11 offline program that doesn't match the online program. Somewhere along the line before I got to it there was somesort of update and now the program that is running is missing all descriptions. Is there a way to export them from and much older copy into the running program? I don't think we have many backups. Or is there another solution? I don't really want to have to put these discriptions back in one at a time.

Thanks

What you can do is if you have a backup copy that has the symbols & comments is this:
once you are sure the backup has this information, make a copy so you do not destroy the original.
Use that & do a compare with the on-line PLC, you can step through the rungs & see what the difference is, I'm not too familiar with TIA I used mainly S7, however it should be something like.
If there are extra rungs then the comments will go out of sync if you upload from PLC to PC, you could just add the extra rungs then do an on-line copy from the on-line file in the PLC to the off line, If I remember correctly, just doing a copy from PLC to PC may loose data block formatting.
Perhaps someone else here could correct me if I'm wrong.

What PLC are you using?

I'd recommend seeing if the project editing language changed. On the right side under Tasks, the bottom section should be "Languages & Resources. Check if there are multiple options under "Editing Language", and try them. You may need to open/close windows before it takes effect.