I/O's in a S7-200 CPU214 PLC are defective. We need to replace the
PLC, but when i try to upload the program, it is password protected
and i don't know the password and i also don't have a back up
program to down load.
Can any body please tell me if there is anyway i can upload
the program.

Thanks,
Ranz

As stated by Preeya in your previous thread on this topic...the only thing you can do is reset the PLC. The program will be lost. However, if the program is on a memory submodule, you can replace the PLC with an identical one and install the memory submodule in it. You may have a hard time finding a 214 though, they were obsoleted a year ago.

Last edited:
Rob,
Thanks for the input.Our PLC have no memory submodule.
I think, what i should do now is to find a PLC Expert
who could do a new ladder program base on the sequence
of our machine.

Thanks,
Ranz

ranz,

I would never describe myself as a PLC Expert, but I have had to reconstruct programs without having a copy of the internal ladder logic. It is possible but difficult.

To re-construct the program, what a programmer needs is the most complete description of the machine that it is possible to get. Here are the useful items in the order of usefulness:

1. A disk copy of the original PLC ladder logic program.

2. A paper print-out of the original PLC program.

3. Electrical ladder logic wiring diagrams are very helpful.

4. A list of the PLC Inputs and Outputs is the next most useful item.

5. An Operators Manual, or Maintenance Manual can be some help.

If you would send a description of the machine, how many Inputs and Outputs it has, and so on, I could give you an estimate of how possible it would be to reconstruct the program. [email protected]