FactoryTalk ME Multistate button Disable

alexbeatle

Good day, everyone!

I've got a multistate "Recipies" button that needs to be disabled when the process starts. I set it to invisible when start_tag=1. On top of the multistate button I placed a multistate indicator and it becomes visible when start_tag=1.
The indicator changes its visibility and appears on top of the button. However I can still press on the button (through the indicator) dispite the fact that the indicator is much bigger than the button.
Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Alex

That is most odd. I've done the same thing many times using animation visibility. What I'll often do is hide the button and make a mock button out of a panel and some text that appears to be the same button only 'grayed out' making it's visibility oposite of the buttons.

Temporarily move the indicator to the side slightly and verify that the button actually is invisible and not just hidden by the indicator.

Thank you. The button wasn't becoming invisible.

However, if I cover a momentary button without making it invisible, it cannot be pressed while covered. I guess the multistate buttons are programmed differently.

Thank you, all.