S7: Open Tcp/Ip Communication

pethoek

Have a question i'm struggeling with.

In my Project i use the blocks TCON, TDISCON, TSEND, TRCV to establish a Tcp/Ip Connection to third party device. This works excellent.

Problem occurs when i change remote IP-Address in my HMI and try to connect to a device that does not excist. This will cause the TCON block to be busy and status code 16#7002
Intermediate call (REQ irrelevant), connection being established

Because of this, new subsequent Connection attempts will fail even with correct IP.

I have also waited for a long period of time but the attempt does not seem to time out.

How do i cancel/abort this. I have tried to use disconnect (TDISCON). On communication blocks there usually is a COM_RST input that i can't find on the TCON block.

Anyone know how?

As you write it, the connection not available when you start TCON ?
In that case, I would guess you that you would have to wait for the result from TCON going BUSY=FALSE, DONE=FALSE, ERROR=TRUE.
Only then can you try another TCON attempt.
I would guess that you dont have to use TDISCON.

I have only had one project with the open TCP blocks, so I dont have much experience.
But as far as I remember, the ERROR would come on almost instantly.

Repeat:
What CPU and Firmware version is it ?

I'm using IM151-8 PN/DP Version 3.2

Establishing Connection for "minutes" don't feel right, right?

Seem like it nevere times out. Maybe the support has to answer this one.