Logix5000 Strings

BillCarson

OK - strings don't belong in a PLC ;) but . . .
I want to copy a string from one tag to another. Can I do this? I haven't found any reference to a string move or copy function so far.

Yes you can. I do a lot of it for recipe manipulation. I'm not near my laptop right now to verify, but I'm pretty sure I simply use the COP command. I'll verify and get back to you.

Similar Topics

Instead of defining static alarm text strings in Wonderware, is it possible to build dynamic strings in the PLC and display those, or is that just...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have a good way to assign values to STRING tags in Structured Text? It seems that you cannot use text in quotes....i.e. StringVar :=...
Replies
Views
I have an application that I would like to display a string with an embedded DINT. In Logix500, this is very simple in the string editor, but not...
Replies
Views
Hi! So my problem is a little funky, I had Studio 5000 v 24 and 30 installed, but forgot to install RSLogix (which I cannot go without). Is there...
Replies
Views
So I had an odd request from a customer for the above. I have written the logic and tested it all in one PLC with only using 7 outputs and 7...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom