MR-J3 movement greater than 360 degrees

macgioo2

Hi Guys,

I'm using a mitsi..mrj3 servo in a wind application and I would like to be able to specify an absolute rotation amount greater than 360...for example 450 degrees which I could specify....i know there are other ways of doing this...but is possible to feed in 450 in some command line and get one and a quarter turns?

Any help would be great thanks.

this depends on the resolution of the servo motor encoder.
I am thinking the standard is 2000 pulses per rev. (if it is not a resolver)
so you can configure this as you wish.
My only concern is if you are using this for a wind situaion how do you avoid going past 450?

Hi Ian,

Yes it is standard configuration set up in degrees. It can be set up as I wish.

Are you suggesting that I revert back to controlling position using pulse counts?

I was hoping there existed a command which allowed this 420 degree turn, the servo would stop by the nature of the operation and I could create a flag to confirm the position based on the start position + 420.....eg 180+420=600=240

Possible?

Oddly enough I dont do a lot of Servo programming.
I am fairly certain that you can configure the rotation to 720 (0.5) accuracey.
then do as you suggest but reset the start position at 0 degrees so you maintain the accuracey
hope that helps